Can I obtain a social work license if I currently live outside of the United States?

Contact the desired regulatory jurisdiction for more information. In general, most jurisdictions will require that you have a degree equivalent to a bachelor or master of social work and have completed the necessary post-graduation supervision. You will also have to complete the necessary test to become a licensed social worker. Foreign social work licenses are not considered for transfer to the United States or Canada.